Welcome new members and guests. We had one new guest, Debbie Paxson.
Birthdays in January:
Teresa Furnish hosted a fun afternoon of Bingo with prizes.
If anyone has program ideas, please let Teresa know.
The meeting came to order by Janet Bubl, our new president.
UFOs for 2019
We had a discussion on saving the gift certificates for another occasion, as there were only a few participants. Members discussed whether to do this again in 2020 or have a contest on the most challenging projects.
SMKG CafePress Store
Teresa shared a bag and a water bottle with the Salem Millstream Knitting logo. If you’d like to purchase items, you can find them in the SMKG CafePress store. The cost of the items is set by CafePress, and we can add a markup if we’d like to make a profit. We did NOT add a markup because the idea is to make them available to you at the lowest cost possible.
Su Fennern reported that the final payment for the retreat is to be paid in full by February 15. Contact Sue Munson to find out the exact amount.
Show and Tell
The show and tell projects are too many to report; it’s a challenge to get all the names and details. So it’s been suggested to have a form passed around for everyone to write down their show and tell projects with all the details. This will start in February.
Patterns for January/February
February Charity Sit & Knit
We’re going to have a sit & knit for charity! If you already have projects that you knit for charity, bring them along! We will take some time for everyone to share the patterns they use when doing charity knitting. If you don’t have any charity knitting, here are some free patterns that can get you started making items for other folks.
Hats of all kinds!
- Giving Tree Chemo Cap
- Many styles of cute crochet and knit patterns are available at Knots of Love. They ask that you only use their patterns to make hats to donate to them but will also accept donations for the patterns.
- Simple Chemo Cap in the round
- Warmth for Warriors hats knit in the round or flat
- Simple Knit Hat in the round or flat
Here are some patterns that you may want to purchase that give proceeds to various charitable causes:
- Sales from Australia Ablaze Beanie will go to the Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park.
- Sales from Koala Tea Cosy and Koala & Panda Beanies / Hats will go to the “Queensland Koala Crusaders” who are raising funds to provide a koala sanctuary near Noosa.
- Sales from Toy Kangaroo & Joey, Toy Wombat, Toy Bat and Spider & Bat Hats will go to “AnimalsAustralia” who support charities caring for injured and displaced animals.
- Sales from Water hat go to Mari Copeny, a pre-teen activist making sure people pay attention to the ongoing water crisis in Flint, MI.
Hope to see you there!
NEXT MEETING IS FEBRUARY 8
TERRACE LAKE COMMUNITY CENTER
2120 ROBINS LANE
AT 10 AM