Welcome new members and guests!
Birthdays in February:
We need members to serve on the Audit Committee. Marcia Smith and Kathy Goebel volunteered.
SMKG CafePress Store
Members are all encouraged to visit the CafePress site that Teresa has set up if they would like to purchase items. There are water bottles, hats and nice tote bags available.
Show and Tell
We passed around a form for everyone to write down their show and tell projects with the pattern details.
- Su Fennern was a test knitter for the Eclipse shawl from Theressa Silver’s new book, Crescents, which was just published in paperback.
- Nancy was working on the shawl 28’s Cousin 53 which is free on Ravelry.
- Karen L made some really cute Options Slippers for Women, also a free pattern on Ravelry.
- Cindy is working on Barley Hats, a free pattern from tincanknits.
- Sharon is working on a Lujoso Cowl from Northwest Wools, a yarn shop in Portland.
- Debbie Juul made Vickie Howell’s I Heart Cowl, which is available free on her website.
- Linda made a Slouchy Hat with some beautiful Teresa Ruch tencel yarn.
- Marsha made a Simple Sample Hat, which shows off various knitting techniques.
- Donna C is making a Bog Jacket from Elizabeth Zimmerman’s Knitting Around book.
Charity Sit & Knit
We had a sit & knit for charity! If you already have projects that you knit for charity, bring them to the next meeting. We will take some time for everyone to share the patterns they use when doing charity knitting. If you don’t have any charity knitting, here are some free patterns that can get you started making items for other folks.
Hats of all kinds!
- Giving Tree Chemo Cap
- Many styles of cute crochet and knit patterns are available at Knots of Love. They ask that you only use their patterns to make hats to donate to them but will also accept donations for the patterns.
- Simple Chemo Cap in the round
- Warmth for Warriors hats knit in the round or flat
- Simple Knit Hat in the round or flat
Here are some patterns that you may want to purchase that give proceeds to various charitable causes:
- Sales from Australia Ablaze Beanie will go to the Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park.
- Sales from Koala Tea Cosy and Koala & Panda Beanies / Hats will go to the “Queensland Koala Crusaders” who are raising funds to provide a koala sanctuary near Noosa.
- Sales from Toy Kangaroo & Joey, Toy Wombat, Toy Bat and Spider & Bat Hats will go to “AnimalsAustralia” who support charities caring for injured and displaced animals.
- Sales from Water hat go to Mari Copeny, a pre-teen activist making sure people pay attention to the ongoing water crisis in Flint, MI.
This list is for free patterns that are used by other wildlife refuge places:
- Sweater for penguins
- Hanging Bird Nest
- Rescue Nests for Birds
- Rescue Nest for animals
- Shelter Kitten and Wildlife Cozy
- Rescue Cave Nests
- Patterns for pet blankets
- Rescued Battery Hen Jumper
March Meeting will be Pom-Pom making
Please bring any pom-pom makers you have and/or instructions to make your favorite pom-poms! We’ll set up several “making” stations around the room. If anyone would like to lead a make & take, let us know of your interest along with a list of supplies needed to participate. We’ll send the info out to the rest of the members. Also, if you’d like to practice making some Poms that match your existing projects, bring some yarn! All weights and types of yarns can be turned into cute pom-poms.
NEXT MEETING IS MARCH 14
TERRACE LAKE COMMUNITY CENTER
2120 ROBINS LANE
AT 10 AM