Birthdays in December:
Annual Election of Officers: Nomination Committee
Following the voting, Janet Bubl was elected President, with Ginny Floyd as Secretary. At the January meeting, there will be a more formal installation of the new officers.
Bi-Monthly Knitting Patterns Discussion
Mary Mocklin will continue to provide two patterns every other month. Guild members really like this activity. Many stated that they like the simple pattern and then an advanced pattern. Mary will have two new patterns in January.
Membership Renewal Gifts Discussion
For 2020, there will not be any gifts for renewing your membership and attending in January. There will be small gifts to new members joining the Guild. Throughout the year, there will be opportunities for members to win prizes, especially pens with the Guild’s name on it. The Pee Chee type folders that were previously handed out will not be continued. The information provided in the folders will be available on the Guild’s website under the Members Only section (i.e., items such as the member roster, etc.). With the cost-saving new practices, an increase in dues will be reviewed in 2020 for 2021.
A notice will be sent out to all members once the new Members Only section is developed and tested. You can find the website at: https://salemmillstreamknitting.com/.
Have you looked at the Guild’s Ravelry page lately?
Web Master: Cindy Barrick will continue to be the Guild’s Web Master for 2020.
Additional agenda items:
UFO’s for 2019
Reminder to finish by December 31 and bring your list to the January 11 meeting. There will be a prize for the most items completed and a prize for the oldest item(s) completed.
Color of the year 2020: Classic Blue
A timeless and enduring blue hue, Classic Blue is elegant in its simplicity. Classic Blue brings a sense of peace and tranquility to the human spirit, offering refuge. Classic Blue highlights our desire for a dependable and stable foundation on which to build as we cross the threshold into a new era. Classic Blue aids concentration and brings laser like clarity. Classic Blue re-centers our thoughts and fosters resilience. Classic Blue encourages us to look beyond the obvious to expand our thinking; challenging us to think more deeply, increase our perspective and open the flow of communication.
UFO activity will continue in 2020.
Salem’s New Yarn Shop
Salem has a new yarn shop! It’s called Wild Knits and is located at 310 High Street NE, Salem, OR 97301 in the Equitable Plaza downtown. The business hours are Tuesday-Saturday 10 AM – 5 PM. Stop by and let the owner, Holly Mueller, know you’re a Guild member! She has a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/wildknitssalem/
- Rose City Yarn Crawl – March 5-8, 2020 with 10 yarns stores in the Portland Metropolitan area. The is a mystery knit along MKAL and a mystery crochet along MCAL.
- Vogue Knitting Live Seattle – March 13-15, 2020
Show and Tell – All
- Janesville Jacket – https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/janesville-jacket
- Christmas Ornaments
- Tunisian Crochet Hook – free item, just picked up and watched Youtube, and it’s easy to do!
- Christmas Scarf
- Shawl – In the Shadows – https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/in-the-shadows
- Socks – made with heel flap & gusset with Turkish cast on.
- Sockhead Cowl – https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sockhead-cowl
- Malabrigo Head Thingy made with Malabrigo Ravelry Red yarn – https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/malabrigo-head-thingie
- Poof, It’s Done! scarf – https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/poof-its-done
- Hats, scarves, and fingerless mitts made to be donated from the Guild. Many different stitch patterns.
- Pom-Poms made with plastic disks by wrapping yarn around them. Tip shared: do not use chenille yarn to make a pom-pom.
2019 UFOs and/or Goals results; knitting Bingo
Snacks, Set-up and Clean-up: Debbie Juul and Lynda Hoodward
Hope to see you there!
NEXT MEETING IS JANUARY 11, 2020
TERRACE LAKE COMMUNITY CENTER
2120 ROBINS LANE
AT 10 AM