Happy December Birthday to:
- Su Fennern
- Sharon Kaminski
- Patti Locicero
Happy January Birthday to:
- Marcia Graciosa
- Heidi Skeen
If we missed your birthday or have you in the wrong month, please let us know!
December Meeting Minutes
- Members were reminded to sign up to knit at Magic at the Mill, December 19-23, 5:30-8:30 PM.
- Membership forms were distributed for 2023. (Membership is $30/year, paid by either cash or check; payments will be deposited in January.)
After greetings and introductions, Janet B introduced our Aran knitted scarf fashion show. After modeling the scarfs where each knitter told the yarn used, group photos were taken. We also passed around the hats knit by Kathy G who creatively used the Aran patterns each month to design a different hat.
All previous monthly patterns and other information can be found on the Guild’s Aran Learn Along web page.
December Show & Tell Patterns
- Ariose Socks by Lisa Schmidt (Ravelry link)
- Arctic Chill hood and double cowl by Grace Rose (Ravelry link)
- Basketweave slippers (Ravelry link)
- One Row Scarf by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
- Santa hat (Ewe Ewe Yarn)
- Simple Cable Shawlette by Lisa Overby (Ravelry link)
- Bosc Pear Shawl by Tetiana Otruta (Ravelry link)
- Terrazzo sweater, top-down (PetiteKnit)
- Christmas Elf mitts (Willow Yarns)
Thanks to Kitty C. who worked up the pattern for the crocheted headband Marcia brought to a recent meeting.
2023 Learn Along – Mini Sweaters
The 2023 learn-along will be making tiny sweaters, showcasing various types of sweaters (top down, bottom up, shrug, cardigan). Su agreed to make available patterns for these. Joyce A. will provide a model of the first sweater, and Su will explain the annual project. A sign-up sheet will be circulated for those willing to knit models for the following months.
January Meeting – Chevrons
Our guild member Cindy B. will introduce and demonstrate the Chevron stitch. Please bring self-striping or plain yarn in DK or Worsted weight with needles sized 5-9. Before the meeting, cast on 16 stitches and purl the first row. Cindy will explain the pattern row. If we have time, we’ll try a second pattern, so please bring enough yarn, needles and supplies.
Coral Reef Project
Check out the Coral Reef Project on the Salem Millstream Knitting Guild website, including a selection of patterns – both knit and crochet. You can also visit Coral Knit Fiber Arts and click on “The Community Coral Reef Project” for more information and inspiration.
- Stitches Expo at Home (Virtual) January 13-15, 2023
- Red Alder Fiber Arts Retreat February 16-19, 2023
- Rose City Yarn Crawl, February 23-26, 2023