Happy October Birthday to:
- Janet Bubl
- Nelda Gill
Happy November Birthday to:
- Sue Munson
- Ellen Nordal
If we missed your birthday or have you in the wrong month, please let us know!
October Meeting Minutes
Debbie Juul showed us how to use a Tunisian crochet hook. We worked on making little pumpkins with this method. It was a lot of fun. Thank you, Debbie!
October Show & Tell Patterns
- Aleï Scarf (Ravelry link)
- Peipponen Shawl (Ravelry link)
- Lacy Hitchhiker Shawl (Ravelry link)
- Tunisian Crochet Shaker Dishcloth
- Vanilla Reversed Socks (Ravelry link)
- Gansey Hat or Gansey Hat (Ravelry links)
- Baby sweater, top-down
- Witch, etc
- So Faded sweater, top-down (Ravelry link)
- Luna Lace Cashmere Scarf Kit – Goat Knoll Farm
- Cabernet Tee – Kis Designs (Ravelry link)
Aran Learn Along
This is the last and the 10th stitch in your Aran sampler scarf. The only thing left after this stitch is binding off. There are several ways to achieve this, and information will be provided for some different bind-offs. Thank you, Nancy Campion, for finding interesting facts about the Ladder Stitch.
All previous monthly patterns and other information can be found on the Guild’s Learn Along web page.
The wonderful button hole! Join us at the Willamette Heritage Center on November 12 from 10 a.m. to noon to make and discuss button holes. We will have time for people to try eyelet, three row eyelet, horizontal, and vertical. We will watch a YouTube video that Su Fennern will be using as “projectionist and teacher.”
Please bring a knitted swatch of 2×2 ribbing done over 32 stitches and 8 rows. (Cast-on 32 stitches, then P2, K2 all rows.) Use worsted weight yarn on size 6 or 7 needles. Bring scissors, yarn needle, etc.
You will have to wait until next year to learn about how to make buttons and choose the right button.
Trivia question to ponder: Why are there buttons on the outer side of a blazer?
VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!
November is Board elections. Please come to the meeting and support our candidates.
Coral Reef Project
Check out the Coral Reef Project on the Salem Millstream Knitting Guild website, including a selection of patterns – both knit and crochet. You can also visit Coral Knit Fiber Arts and click on “The Community Coral Reef Project” for more information and inspiration.
- Stitches SoCal November 10-13 in Pasadena, California
- Magic at the Mill December 19-23 at Willamette Heritage Center in Salem, Oregon
- Stitches Expo at Home (Virtual) January 13-14, 2023