We had 14 members and a guest at our April meeting.
Business included a discussion about the Guild Board members and roles that need filled. Please be thinking about ways you can help keep the Guild functioning and let Janet Bubl know if there’s a role you’re interested in filling in the coming years.
Reminder that Tia Purdy is looking for donations of hats and scarves for a Christmas tree project at her school. Please feel free to reach out to Tia or the Board if you have any questions.
Program – Where’s Your Stash?
Our program was facilitated by Marcia Smith and included people sharing about their yarn, pattern, and tool storage. One nice thing about the Zoom format for our meetings is that we got some peeks into some of our fellow members’ yarn rooms. We saw baskets, pretty yarn-filled bookshelves, bins, books, and binders. It was a lot of fun!
Su’s Tips and Tricks
After the meeting, Su shared a document with important tips about organizing and protecting our yarn stashes. We’ve invested time and money in our stashes, and it’s worth the effort to keep all the lovely yarn safe and accessible.
Show and Tell
During show and tell, Cindy Barrick shared a lovely knitted Christmas ball from a pattern she found on a blog – www.arnecarlos.com. If you visit, you’ll need to scroll back a few entries to see the Christmas balls, but there’s plenty more to see, as well.
May Meeting – May 8, 10 AM to Noon (see Zoom info below)
We’ll be discussing all sorts of things about socks! Su Fennern sent out questions and is putting together a program that will include Kathy Holt sharing about repairing our precious hand knit socks.
May 11, Newsletter Deadline
If you’d like to share an upcoming event, pattern, or other news with the Guild members, please email Teresa at SalemKnitters@outlook.com. Deadline for newsletter content is the first Tuesday after our monthly meeting. We look forward to hearing from you!
Join our meetings using your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Click the link below and follow the instructions. Your device needs to have audio and video capability.
- Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82622066475?pwd=L2drUXBoSmNIeERHTGZPd2p0dld3dz09
- You may also need this passcode: 227463
- The meeting ID is: 826 2206 6475 (but you shouldn’t need it if joining the meeting this way).
Call into our meetings (audio only)
- Dial +1 253 215 8782 (Note: this is a Tacoma number, which is the closest available for Zoom users in Oregon. You could be charged for the call depending on your phone plan.)
- You will need both the meeting ID and the Passcode.
- Meeting ID: 826 2206 6475
- Passcode: 227463
Resources to help you use Zoom:
Zoom video tutorials: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206618765-Zoom-video-tutorials
YouTube search results for “using Zoom”: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=using+zoom