Birthdays in November:
Theressa Silver provided an excellent presentation about gauge and types of yarn. She had some samples that illustrated her point and brought patterns and her book, Knitting Wild, for sale. She was wearing her shawl By Popular Demand, which many of us admired and purchased the pattern (it’s also available on Ravelry).
- Next month’s meeting is on December 14 at our normal time, 10 to noon. We will be having our annual Holiday Brunch, so please bring something to share. We’re also going to set up a table for anyone who would like to bring yarn or other items to give away for those of us who might like to do some stash clearance before the end of the year. We’ll also set one up for items that you want to sell. Please note that items for sale must be clearly marked with your name and the price you’re asking. You also are responsible for managing the sale (collecting money/providing change, etc.).
- Guild member dues are due by the end of the year. Please bring your payment to the December meeting or mail them to us with your renewal form.
Patterns for November/December
Show and Tell
- Several members have already started knitting Stocking Cap Ornaments.
- The Endless Wrap in Blue Sky DK is finally finished!
- Mayfield Scarf
- Entangled Basket
- Family Footwarmer Slippers (These knit up tight, so visit with Sue Munson to learn how she adjusted.)
- Mohair Bias Cowl
- Sockhead Cowl
- We also had several checkerboard slippers shared. Thanks again, Ginny, for instructing the group on these last month!
- Also, an interesting website was shared called PlannedPooling.com that helps visualize how the colors in a yarn with repeating color sequences will pool.
Potluck! Bring some goodies to share.
Set-up and Clean-up: Teresa Furnish and Ginny Floyd
Hope to see you there!
NEXT MEETING IS DECEMBER 14
TERRACE LAKE COMMUNITY CENTER
2120 ROBINS LANE
AT 10 AM