Birthdays in August:
Teresa Ruch brought us a trunk show of her luscious Tencel and bamboo yarn in fabulous bright colors. Teresa’s yarns are used not just by knitters but also weavers.
Teresa shared so much information about indie dyers, obtaining Tencel for her yarns, and much more. The presentation was very informative.
Joyce shared that members have stepped forward for the Secretary and President positions. The election will be held during the November 2019 meeting.
Show and Tell
- Janet Bubl and Marsha Garciosa shared their recently finished potholders.
- Kathy Goebel shared two hats she has completed. Kathy will gladly share the pattern name if you want it.
- Mary Mocklin was wearing her Coax shawl.
- Clara Stoner shared a new find – the Woolly Bean Bag.
- Tia Purdy showed a darling romper for her upcoming grandchild.
- Su Fennern showed two shawls – Serenade by AspenKnits, and Marble Sky by Jekaterina Dmitrijeva, which hasn’t been released yet.
Teresa reminded everyone that the Guild does have a Ravelry Group. If you’re not a member, you might consider signing up. There are currently 99 members.
Presenter: Kelly Forster of KIS Designs
Yarn and straight knitting needles will be at the September meeting if you are needing some for the slipper workshop in October with Ginny.
Snacks, Set-up, and Clean-up: Marcia Smith and Sue Tyvoll
Hope to see you there!
NEXT MEETING IS SEPTEMBER 14
TERRACE LAKE COMMUNITY CENTER
2120 ROBINS LANE
AT 10 AM